Recently at church...Erica, Megan, Sarah and I were discussing how injuring one of your good friends can sometimes be a true bonding experience. Three seconds later, we had decided to start a Yellow House fight club. Then, Erica and I took the liberty of creating some fights. The matches are in alphabetical order by last name, so as to be fair and random. Remember, its all in fun, don’t be offended. And please, comment at the bottom, maybe you disagree with these outcomes….
*Excellent photos are all of Erica’s doing. Its nice to have a resident media developer
Meagan B. vs. Erica
Meagan is no longer with us at YH; but we needed another fighter to make an even number so Meagan makes a guest appearance in the Fight Club. Unfortunately, she doesn’t last long in the fight since Erica beats her in the first round. This victory on Erica’s part is mostly due to her height advantage. Meagan is athletic and has great endurance but, in the end, she can’t protect herself against Erica’s whip-like arms and full-on body slams.
Sarah vs. Chelsea
This is a really tough match that lasts for three full days. Both women have their eye on the prize and in the course of the match both Chelsea and Sarah sustain significant injuries (solidifying their bonds of friendship). However, Chelsea’s disdain for most physical activity proves to be a handicap. Sarah ends up beating Chelsea with brute strength and sneaky, trick moves that take Chelsea off guard; it also helps that Sarah practiced and trained for years with her three older brothers prior to this fight. Chelsea’s complete insanity and fervor give her an intimidation plus, but her insanity and intensity can’t sustain her long enough for a victory.
Megan K. vs. Kate 
This is a very interesting match. Kate starts out by doing an interpretive dance which confuses Megan. Once Megan regains her fighting savvy, she realizes that Kate is all bark and no bite (woof woof woof). Kate, while gifted at confusing her opponents, doesn’t match up to Megan’s raw physical abilities (after all, she was raised in the country…that counts for something…all those lambs). Megan, using petri dishes she collected at the lab as shurikens, ends up beating Kate (who ends up covered in agar).
Angela vs. Christina
This is a surprisingly close match. Christina, having super-human strength, endurance, flexibility, and hidden athletic talents, proves to be a formidable opponent for Angela. Angela, however, is fully aware of the difficulties that lie before her. In a smart move, she prepares for the fight by memorizing ‘Lauren and I” by Celtic Thunder. She also wears a shirt with a picture of Keith Harkin on the front, and a picture of Edward Cullen on the back. Throughout the fight Angela runs away from Christina, who is then distracted by Edward. Once Christina is distracted Angela turns around to face Christina with Keith while singing ‘Lauren and I’. Angela’s well executed attack does significant damage, but Christina ends up tackling Angela because she gets confused and thinks she’s tackling Keith and/or Edward. Smart plan, Angela, just not smart enough.
Nicole vs. Liana
Nicole is severely handicapped because she basically has no hands. Her hands are so weak that they serve only for decoration. Liana, on the other ‘hand’ has great strength gained from giving massages every week. The two would have been evenly matched were it not for the great difference in hand strength. In an attempt to make the match fair, Nicole tries to reason with Liana, suggesting that the match would be more fun if both she and Liana tied their arms behind their back - proceeding to fight without the use of their hands. Liana, almost takes the bait but ends up realizing that Nicole is using persuasive speech to attain victory, consequently…Liana wins.
Lizzie vs. Lauren 
This is quite a match, both women use their engagement rings as a brass…knuckle. The punching seems to go on forever. In an effort to end the fight quicker, Lauren ends up taunting Lizzie (strangely enough…many of her taunts include the phrases ‘sitch’ and ‘the sexy drink’). Little did Lauren know: when Lizzie gets taunted, she doesn’t get scared…she gets scary. Lizzie drops it like its hot and beats Lauren fair and square.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Yellow House Fight Club
Posted by no at 7:02 AM
Labels: Ridiculous Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 Comments:
Oh. my. gosh. This is AMAZING!!! Thank goodness I was at home while reading it; I almost died laughing. Good job E and N. :)
I NEED TO GO AWAY INTO A QUIET ROOM AND RECOVER.
hahahaha my favorite is Angela vs Christina with the shirt
bahaha! i like the pic of megan
now i'm just picturing christina tackling the edward cullen shirt. BAHAHA Maybe angela could use her pink mixer as a weapon too...
I really like the Chelsea vs. Sarah one too... now that would be and intense one to watch. I can just see Chelsea trash-talking and Sarah staring her down. AHH Intimidation!
WHY AM I STILL LAUGHING AT THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!
This is awesome. Made my day, seriously. And the pictures! oh my goodness...
I think Chelsea would bow out of our fight b/c she wouldn't want to hurt me!
Hahhahah, so perhaps ALL our fight would end up being is trash-talking and intense stare-downs.
I just read it again..and yep..it's still funny.
I so want to see the Greene/Germann smackdown now!
let's all hold hands and hug.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i enjoyed all of these, one particular highlight that killed me was: Kate is all bark and no bite (woof woof woof). BAHAHAH I LOVE YOU ALL
that was totally just for you and kate, lizzie. no one else will get it, hahahaha!
while it has been a virtual fight club, methinks it has been a bonding experience :-)
Yes, laughter also results in bonding. :) And is a much nicer experience.
I seriously had to resist the urge to apologize. Dear Kate, I'm sorry about all that agar. I love you dearly. :)
Haha.
w.o.w.
hahah sar you're right... i WOULD bow out of our fight! plus, i think you would take this little girl DOWN.
i know, megan --- i have this severe guilt gland pop up when i even imagine us actually fighting. that's why i want us to hug :)
OMG!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is brilliant! GENIUS! The graphics! The commentary! I would be honored to fight any one of you...
Post a Comment