Sunday, April 13, 2008

Mere Christianity, 04.17.08

Ladies!

This week the lovely Miss Liana will be leading our discussion of Mere Christianity, Book 4, Chapters 1-3 ("Making and Begetting," "The Three-Personal God," and "Time and Beyond Time"). I believe that Liana and I will be providing food... so we will see you on this Thursday at 6:15!

A few reminders:

- Christina's IVE Concert is Sunday April 20 at 2:00pm in Auer Hall. I will most definitely be going and will be happy to pick some people up if you want to car pool - it will melt your face off. In many different languages.

- Our YELLOW HOUSE COOKOUT will be from 6:30pm - 11:00pm on Friday, May 2nd at the North Shelter in Bryan Park... please invite whoever you'd like, but please PLEASE invite them using the evite! :) (Or just "+1", "+2", etc, your own reply...) That way we can all see how many people to expect, and it will be easier to plan how much food to bring! There should be plenty of room! Also, I'm asking all of you Yellow House ladies that want to participate to kindly donate $5 to the shelter-rental-fund... if you can't, please don't worry about it! :)

Sing and rejoice, O Daughter of Zion; for behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of you, says the Lord.
[Zechariah 2:10]

Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O Daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King comes to you; He is [uncompromisingly] just and having salvation [triumphant and victorious], patient, meek, lowly, and riding on a donkey, upon a colt, the foal of a donkey.
[Zechariah 9:9]

Say to the Daughter of Zion [inhabitants of Jerusalem], Behold, your King is coming to you, lowly and riding on a donkey, and on a colt, the foal of a donkey [a beast of burden].
[Matthew 21:5]



0 Comments: