Hi Ladies,
I thought of another physical birth vs. spiritual rebirth analogy and I'd thought I'd share since it involves lambs (just for you Nicole). Haha. :)
I've seen a handful of ewes give birth and it's not a whole lot different than humans--painful, messy, not very pretty, but amazing nonetheless. As soon as the lamb is born, the mother cleans it up. She doesn't rest from the exhausting birthing process, but goes immediately to the lamb and begins to lick it dry. It's really important that she does this, especially on domestic farms where the lambs are usually born in the winter. If she doesn't get the lamb clean and dry, they are likely to freeze to death or at least become very sick. So the connection... We're messy when we're reborn (as many people mentioned last night). We don't "clean" ourselves up and then say "Ok, Spirit, I'm ready now, renew me!" The Spirit comes to us when we're messy and helpless and begins the slow process of renewing us, cleaning us up, sanctifying us. And in that process, it is saving us from death and filling us with life.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Lambs and the Spirit
Posted by MBK at 8:15 AM
Labels: holy spirit, Megan, sheep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
oh my gosh i love it!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment